born May 1810–March 1811
in Minsterworth, Gloucestershire
1811: The christening of 'William son of John & Sophia Turk' is recorded in Minsterworth parish register on 10 March 1811.
1831: He signed his name in the parish register record of his marriage.
1849: At the birth of his son, Alfred Henry, he is described as a carpenter of Hawkins Pill.
1851 census: living with wife and children at Hawkins Pill, Newnham. Occupation is House Carpenter. Age is 40 and place of birth is Minsterworth.
1861 census: living with wife, children, and grandson (William Knight) at Hawkins Pill, Newnham. Occupation is Carpenter. Age is 50 and place of birth is Minsterworth.
1871 census: living with wife and grandson (William O. Turk) at Hawkins Pill, Newnham. Occupation is House Carpenter. Age is 60 and place of birth is Minsterworth.
1881 census: living with wife and grandson (William O. Turk) at Hawkins Pill, Newnham. Occupation is Carpenter. Age is 70 and place of birth is Minsterworth.
Can't find him in 1891 census—presumably dead by then.
British History Online has a bit to say about Hawkins Pill:
'Until the mid 18th century most of Newnham's shipping was of oak-bark to Ireland, but c. 1755 a Newnham merchant, Robert Pyrke, built a new quay, with cranes and warehouses, which brought greater activity: Birmingham goods were brought down the river for consignment to London, and coal, brought to the quay by horse, and cider were shipped from Newnham. In the seventies Newnham was described as a flourishing little town, already much improved in its buildings. […] Pyrke's quay may have been not at Newnham Pill but at Hawkins Pill, ½ mile upstream, for his partner in 1767 was Thomas Hawkins. Coal was one of the main commodities shipped, and Hawkins had a coalyard. […] The quay at Hawkins Pill continued in use in 1868 and survived into the early 20th century. Its function as Newnham's principal quay, however, passed to Bullo Pill. […] By 1839 small groups of houses had been built near the wharves along the Severn and the industrial sites on the Soudley brook. At Hawkins Pill there were six houses.'